Malta Residency Visa: SCHENGEN VISA -- UPGRADE to CITIZENSHIP
Malta Residence and Visa Programme
Is this programme the right one for me?
It depends on what are you looking for yourself and your family. Please read the statements below carefully.
- I want to travel in Europe without visa.
- I want to include my family.
- I might live in a country of the European Union.
- I need high standards of living
- I want to invest in safe government bonds and not in real estate.
- I may want to upgrade to citizenship.
If you agree with most of the statements — Malta Residency and Visa Programme is the right for you.
The Maltese Islands -- located right in the middle of the Mediterranean --, are one of the richest in the region – promising colourful culture, a long history, welcoming people and various attractions.
The Malta Residence and Visa Programme offers you an EU residence card which gives you visa-free travel within the Schengen area. You are allowed to reside, settle and stay indefinitely in Malta.
Malta is now at the top of global living indexes, mainly attributable to the exceptional quality of life, climate, value for money, safety and stability.
Maltese residency by investment may be granted under an amendment passed in August 2015 to the Maltese Immigration Act, Chapter 217 of the Laws of Malta. These amendments provided the framework for the enactment of L.N. 288 of 2015. The Malta Residence and Visa Programme Regulations provide for affluent persons of impeccable standing and repute to receive Maltese residence by a contribution to and investment in Malta.
Benefits of Malta residency visa
Malta is a member of European Union and part of the Schengen zone.
You get your permanent residence permit within 3 months
Upgrade to citizenship
After one year of residency, you can upgrade to citizenship by investment
Get back your investment of 250,000 euro after 5 years
EU Residence Card
EU Residence Card gives you Visa-free travel within Schengen Area
The whole family can be included
Your minor children and also dependent children between 18-26 can be included. Your parents and your spouse's parents are also eligible.
No residency requirement
No minimum physical presence required to maintain your resident status.
The joy of living in Malta
Residents may enjoy an exceptional standard of living in Malta with an average living cost substantially lower than that of Italy, United Kingdom, France, Spain and Ireland. At the same time, the island's very low crime rate means that Malta is a safe country and makes an ideal base for you and your family.
How to obtain Malta permanent residency?
- Invest in government bonds of EUR 250,000 to be retained for a minimum period of five years
- Make a non-refundable government contribution of EUR 30,000
- Purchase a property in Malta of EUR 320,000 (EUR 270,000 in South Malta or Gozo); or lease a Malta property of EUR 12,000 per annum (EUR 10,000 in South Malta or Gozo).
Does my family also get residency visa?
Yes. Eligible dependents include the spouse and children up to the age of 26 years. Your parents and your spouse's parents are also eligible.
- Have a clear criminal record obtained in your country of residence.
- Be a person not sanctioned by the EU.
- Have an annual income of not less than 100,000 euro arising outside Malta
or have a capital of not less than 500,000 euro.
Time to get your EU residence card
You will get your visa after 2 months from the submission of your application