The Portuguese government announced the details on the new terms for the Golden Visa program. Minimum investments amounts will rise in several categories; Lisbon, Porto and the Coast will not qualify for property purchase. The good news is that you have this year to benefit from the present conditions.
What will be the main changes?
As of January 1st 2022, the following changes will take place:
- You cannot invest in residential property in Lisbon, Porto and the Coastal area.
- You will still be able to invest in "low-population density" areas, but it will be more expensive (500,000 for new buildings and 350,000 euro for rehabilitation).
- The minimum investment in funds will go up from 350,000 to 500,000 euro (you will still be able to invest in property through the investment fund in Lisbon, Porto and the coastal areas).
- Capital transfer and other investments will also increase.
What does it mean for you?
If you want to be a resident in Portugal and want to be a European citizen in 5 years, you still have a golden window until the end of the year.
If you have been waiting for the perfect opportunity to apply to the Portugal Golden Visa program, then this is your sign to do it now before the new changes come into effect.
After that, the new law clarifies that a golden visa is only available if you purchase a property for at least 350,000 euro in Portugal's non-developed areas.
Why Portugal Golden Visa?
- The Portuguese Golden Visa program is one of the most popular both in Europe and the world.
- You can do it from home; you have to travel to Portugal for biometrics at the last stage only.
- You can live and work in Portugal
- After 5 years you can apply for Portuguese citizenship (even if you do not live in the country.
- Access the Portuguese healthcare and education system (on the same basis as Portuguese citizens)
- Travel freely in the entire Schengen Area
- Portugal is a safe and stable country with an excellent and affordable quality of life, good healthcare and education options, well-connected airports, and the best climate in continental Europe.
- Portugal is a Member State of the European Union and belongs to the Euro Zone.
- Portugal is included in the TOP10 as one of the best countries in the world to live in.
- Portugal is the 2nd cheapest country in Western Europe.
- See why Portugal is one of the best places to live
What should you do now?
If you want to be on the safe side to use the present beneficial conditions, act now and do the below steps this year:
- 1. Contact us to start the process
- 2. Invest in property or investment fund
- 3. File your application.
- 4. Enjoy the benefits.
Bottom line: Do it today remotely and enjoy now the lower price and citizenship after 5 years.