It's time to apply for Malta citizenship by investment to freely move in the world.
Malta Citizenship Program (Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP)) was extremely successful. It generated €1.5billion over six years and attracted 1800 investors and reached its maximum application cap. The Maltese government has confirmed its commitment to extending the program upon expiry.
Just recently MIIP has been replaced with a new scheme called "Granting of Citizenship for Exceptional Services Regulations".
How to qualify for Maltese citizenship through Exceptional Services?
There are 3 main requirements:
- Contribute at least €750,000 to Malta after completing one year of residency or €600,000 after completing three years of residency.
- Make a philanthropic contribution of at least €10,000.
- Purchase a property of at least €700,000 or rent a property for at least €16,000 on a five-year contract.
You need to pass an eligibility test before being able to apply for citizenship and pay the above contributions. If you fail the test, you will not be allowed to reapply.
The government of Malta will approve up to 400 citizenship applications per year, and the new scheme will be capped at a maximum of 1,500 successful applicants and their families.
Why Malta is the top citizenship by investment option?
- As Cyprus is recently cancelled, Malta citizenship is the only European Union citizenship option.
- You and your family will be European Union citizens with the right to live, work, and study in any EU country.
- Maltese passport is one of the best passports in the world, offering visa-free access to 1684 countries visa-free including the UK and USA and Canada.
- You can include your, dependent and unmarried children under 29 years of age and dependent parents and grandparents above 55 years old.
- Your children can study at any European university, paying a reduced price.
- Access to high-quality medical facilities.
- There is no need to stay in Malta.
- Malta offers smart taxation.
How long does it take to get the passport?
You can get your passport within 18 months if you select the higher contribution.
What are the requirements?
You should demonstrate a clean criminal record, verified with the International Criminal Court, INTERPOL and other authorities. In addition, you should have good health. Do not worry about eligibility, as we will make preliminary due diligence to test your eligibility.
Should I wait till the end of the pandemic situation?
No, we advise you to act now. You can do the process online, and your presence is required at the final stage on only. Please also note that there is a yearly cap of 400 applicants.
For more information and application details see the page of Malta Citizenship