Latvia Residence by investment Options
Latvia is regarded as one of the world's most beautiful and green countries. The country is an excellent place to move and live; almost everybody speaks English. Latvia has an official golden visa program; you may get a residence permit if you invest in the country.
What are the investment options in Latvia?
We help you find the best solution
Top 5 Benefits of Latvia PR
1. The cheapest option for European residency
The business investment option is the only EU residence permit costing less than one-fifth of other European visa investment options.
2. You can live and work and study in Latvia
With a Latvian residence permit, you can move to Latvia, live and work (get a job) in a highly developed European country. Your children will get a European education, and you may even start a European business.
3. Visa-free travel in Europe.
Latvia is part of the Schengen zone of Europe, allowing you to travel freely throughout Europe without needing a Schengen visa.
4. Family is included
Your spouse and your minor children up to age 18 will also receive residence permit. Moreover, you can invite your relatives for visa purposes, up to and including second-degree relatives.
5. EU Long Term Residence Permit
You may apply for long term resident of European Union status after 5 years of living in the country. As a result, you may move to another EU country; you can live, study and work in that country, like Germany or the Netherlands. After a total of 10 years, you can apply for Latvian citizenship.
Comparison of European Residency by Investment Options
Minimum investment in euro
Important Facts about Latvia
Top 5 Reasons that Latvia is Amazing
Although Latvia does not necessarily come to one’s mind when choosing the dream destination for living, it has many advantages to consider.
Latvia has a moderate climate, with summer temperatures rarely reaching 30 degrees. There are no severe or minor earthquakes, hurricanes or flooding. All lakes and rivers of Latvia are suitable for swimming and fishing. Half of Latvia is covered with forests. Latvia is 2nd greenest country in the European Union, according to WHO and the European Environmental Agency.
Riga, the capital of Latvia, is indisputably the largest city in the three Baltic States and one of the ‘greenest’ cities in the region. Riga International Airport is the largest air transportation hub in the Baltics, offering regular direct flights to around 100 destinations. As Latvia is a member of the Schengen area, flying to another European country is as easy as taking a local city bus.
Latvia is also a fully integrated member of all major economic and political structures — including the European Union, NATO, WTO and OECD — advancing trade, peace and freedom in Europe and the world. Its position in the global market offers investors both opportunity and stability. Latvia is ranked #2 out of 38 in the OECD’s International Tax Competitiveness Ranking and #19 in the general Ease of Doing Business survey.
It is one of the greenest countries in the world
- Plenty of fresh water: 3,000 lakes and 12,000 rivers
- Over 50% of its territory is covered with forests
- Ranked second according to the worldwide Environmental Performance Index (EPI) by Yale University
High quality of life
- Moderate climate: Summer temperatures do not exceed 30 degrees Celsius — no hurricanes, no earthquakes, no floods
- Top-level healthcare services
- The crime rate is very low, and safety is very high in Latvia
- There are plenty of international schools and universities with English education for international students, see Latvia education
- Latvian universities are highly ranked among the best universities in the world
- State schools are free
Moderate cost of living
- Cost of living in Latvia is 33.71% lower, rent in Latvia is 54.12% lower than in France
- You can rent a 3 bedroom apartment for 500 euro in a month
- An average meal in an average restaurant is about 7 euro
Latvians are friendly
- Latvia is the 14th most liberal country in the world, according to MoveHub
- According to US News, Latvia ranks 26th among countries that care about human rights, gender equality and religious freedom
- Almost everybody speaks English
Why choose Latvia residency?
Immigration Summit, Ahmedabad, India 2019
Laszlo Gaal, managing director, was invited to hold a presentation on Latvia immigration at the conference.
He summarised the essence of the Latvia Residency Program, what options are available, and how to apply for residency. Please note that the video contains some outdated elements. Click on the play button to see the short video.
The idea for the Latvindia Initiative was conceived in India. Talking to our Indian clients, we realised a strong need for European connections. Many of them want to travel freely to Europe, even move there, and wish to send their children to European schools. Many Indians are thinking about doing business and investing in Europe. The first Latvindia project was born in a few months, and a few years later, the Latvindia Initiative received its present form. Initially, we focused only on India, but recently, we have opened up to other countries. Latvindia is a collection of several projects linked by a common goal: Connect to Latvia, connect to Europe! Most of our projects are non-profit projects that feed off our business ventures.
Latvindia offers safe European investment; investors get a five-year residence permit and free movement in Europe.
Latvindia helps investors and their families move and settle down in Latvia and supports their children's education.
Latvindia also helps in the everyday life of the investor's family in Latvia.Read more about Latvindia
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between Latvian residency and Latvian citizenship?
Only citizenship gives you the right to apply for a passport and be a European Union citizen. In contrast, temporary or permanent residence gives you the right to stay in Latvia and freely travel in the Schengen zone legally.
May I get Latvian residency if I buy a property in Latvia?
Yes, if you buy a property (one property) for at least 250,000 euro. See the details about Latvian property investment.
May I get Latvian residency if I open a company in Latvia?
No. Opening a company does make you eligible for a Latvian residence permit.
Can I work and get a job in Latvia?
Yes, if you get your residence card, you can work and apply for any job.
How do I become a permanent resident?
Third-country nationals will gain the right to apply for permanent residence status after staying in Latvia for five lawful and consecutive years holding a temporary residence permit. You must also learn basic Latvian language and pass a language test.
Can I live with my Latvian residence card in any European country?
No. You can live and work in Latvia only. Please note that a permanent residence permit does not give you the right to live, settle, or work in ANY European country. It is the same as any other residence permit. If you have a German residency, you can live in Germany only but not in the Netherlands or the UK.
Does Latvia offer a citizenship by investment program?
No. Latvia offers residency by investment option only.
What are the requirements to get Latvian citizenship?
- You should be over the age of 15;
- You have been permanently residing in Latvia for not less than the last 5 years with a permanent residence permit, and you can prove it with documents;
- You can speak the Latvian language;
- You know the text of the National Anthem, the basics of the history and culture of Latvia, and the basic principles of the Constitution of the Republic of Latvia;
- You have a legal source of income.